Bushfire Information for Parents and Carers
School frameworks (school rules)
As well as following the department’s operational policies, we have developed frameworks for our students in line with our school’s values and commitments.
Rules and policies are in place to make sure your child remains safe and well at school.
Visit the NSW Department of Education’s policy library for all current operational policies.
Our school uses the department's School Community Charter to ensure all of our communication is collaborative and respectful.
Attendance and absences
Students must attend school regularly so they can achieve their educational best and increase their career and life options.
In NSW, all children from the age of 6 are legally required to attend school or be registered for home schooling through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). All students must complete Year 10, or its equivalent and remain in school, employment or training until they turn 17.
For more information about compulsory school attendance, visit:
Mount Keira Demonstration School Values
Values are taught in the classroom to help our students to:
- develop a love of learning
- pursue excellence and high standards
- develop care and respect for themselves and others
- take pride in their work
- exhibit a strong sense of fairness and social justice
- have respect for and understanding of Australia's history including the cultures and experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first peoples of Australia, and Australia as a multicultural society
- have an appreciation of Australia's history and multicultural society
- actively participate as citizens.
All students are expected to:
- attend school every day, unless they are legally excused
- be in class on time and prepared to learn
- maintain a neat appearance and follow the school uniform policy
- behave safely, considerately and responsibly including when travelling to and from school
- follow class rules, speak courteously and cooperate with instructions and learning activities
- treat staff, other students and members of the school community with dignity and respect
- care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
Any behaviour that infringes on other people's safety such as harassment, bullying or any illegal behaviour will not be tolerated at our school.